This tangly, cool orange creamsicle ice cream cake never fails to disappoint me. It kindles my childhood as I binge on it. My every happiness is associated with it. Last month I baked this cake for a special occasion.
And now it is time for another bake.
This time I wish to share my happiness with you.
Recipe Card of Orange creamsicle Ice cream cake
- Serves:13 pieces Cook time:20 minutes Prep time:28 minutes
- Total time:48 minutes. Method: Baking
- All-purpose flour- 1 cup.
- Sugar – ½ cup.
- Milk – ¼ cup.
- Egg – 2.
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp.
- Butter – 6 tsp
- Sour cream – ¼ cup.
- Hot water – 3 tsp.
- Orange Gelatin powder- 3 tsp.
For Ice Cream
- ¼ cup of milk.
- ¾ cup of sugar.
- 11 oz whip.
- 12 oz cheese cream.
- Gelatin powder- 3 tsp.
- Hot water – 3 tsp.
- Vanilla extract- 2 tsp.
- Orange candies- 12 pieces.
- Orange gel color icing.
Procedure to make a cake
- In a big bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder together.
- Add egg whites, butter, sour cream, vanilla extract, milk to the batter.
- Mix all these ingredients in a folding method. Make sure that you don’t over mix the contents together.
- Now preheat your oven to 350 degrees Grease the sides of an 8-inch cake pan and place a parchment paper.
- Now spread the batter evenly in the cake pan.
- Bake it for 20 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for 4 minutes.
- Now carefully cut the dome from the cake with a large knife.
- Pork the cake with the straw to leave holes in it.
- Now in a small bowl mix gelatin and hot water and mix it.
- Pour this mixture on the cake. Make sure the holes absorb the orange gelatin mixture.
Procedure to make an Ice cream
- Mix cream cheese and sugar. Beat them well until they become smooth.
- Add milk to it and make it smooth.
- Fold it.
- Now divide the cake mixture in two bowls.
- To one bowl of ice cream mixture add orange gelatin powder. Fold it evenly.
- Add vanilla extract to another bowl of ice mixture.
Procedure to assemble
- Place the cake in the pan.
- The Topmost cake will be the vanilla cake and spread evenly.
- Add orange ice cream to it and spread it evenly.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Remove the springform pan and the parchment paper from the sides.
- Ice the cake with an additional cool whip. Whip with a range colour and flavor will elevate the ice cream.
- Pipe the top of the cake with cool whip
- And place orange candy slices as toppings.
- Freeze them until you serve.
- Serve chilled.
Nutritional Facts: Calories per serving – 401